Welcome to Kavallerie Kreations!
I must confess I'm a bit of a sheepaholic! My winter jackets are sheepskin double face leather and shearling, the blankets on our bed are sheepskin, I sleep on a sheepskin rug and yes even my computer chair where I work often has a sheepskin pelt on that too!!! The mature adult dogs have sheepskins on their genuine leather dog beds and when I lay in front of the fire with my laptop it's of course, on a sheepskin rug! The sheepskin rug on the floor near our wood stove is on one of the dog's leather beds that I use as a floor cushion for myself!!! I have Raynaud's Syndrome and one thing I know all about is feeling cold to the point nothing can warm you! Sheepskin has greatly helped and I was able to discontinue the use of electric blankets, heating pads and all synthetic blankets! Not only do sheepskins keep me warm they also regulate my body temperature to keep me comfortable when hot! They draw perspiration away from my body so when I rest I never wake up clammy in the hot weather! So this is where this all began! To this day I have not lost my excitement about sheepskin, it's beauty, softness and versatility in almost any home.
I make various and unique hand made items out of genuine full grain leather and genuine sheepskin as a hobby when time permits. We also import Sheepskin Hides, blankets, pelts, and rugs from small family tanneries in Europe NOT large factories in China which are threatening small tannery businesses around the world and so many BIG NAMES in the industry are now exclusively importing sheepskins exclusively for re-sale from China. I will only support small family owned businesses around the world not big corporations. My goal obviously is not to sell cheap sheepskins and make lots of money fast it's about offering quality and supporting small unique businesses before the trade becomes a lost art. I truly believe in and being self sustaining, nothing more. I already have everything I need and want in life besides things we have no control over and I'm fine with that:-) The tanneries we work with only practice eco friendly tanning with the processing of our sheepskin hides. All the sheepskins sold by us come from herds where the animals are utilized for milk, cheese, clothing and meat. They're not only grown for their fur!!! The Fur also known as Sheepskin are a byproduct that would otherwise go to waste. Our primary stock consists of XL sheepskin pelts which are from older sheep stock.
Although we only sell Sheepskin Rugs, many people find sheepskin is wonderful to lay on, sit on, sleep on, use as a rug, home decor, a decorative piece in almost any room in the house! Sheepskin benefits are extensive in the aged and the chronically ill. Dogs & cats also adore sheepskins when used on their beds or as mats they can sleep on.
Some of the benefits sheepskins are notable for:
- Temperature regulation in the hot and cold
- Bacteria, Dirt, stain, water & dust resistant.
- Self cleaning when hung out in the fresh air!
- Improves circulation
- Article: Prevents pressure sores in the bed ridden Read the scientific study here! http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.468.7952&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Article: Reduces the risk of asthma in babies, don't believe me? Visit Science Daily! https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140908083750.htm
- Sheepskin is naturally flame resistant
- Sheepskins are anti-static unlike their synthetic counterparts.
- Soothes and keeps sensitive skin dry
- Sheepskin is sustainable & completely biodegradable in a short amount of time compared to synthetic items which will take hundreds of years to return to the earth once disposed of!
- this list could go on and one but above are the primary benefits!!! Sheepskin is the item you never knew you couldn't live without!